Home & Rental Insurance


Homeowners Insurance

Is a type of property insurance that covers a private residence. It is an insurance
policy that combines various personal insurance protections, which can include
losses occurring to one’s home, its contents, loss of the use (additional living
expenses) or loss of other personal possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability
insurance for accidents that may happen at the home or at the hands of the home
owner within the policy territory.

Home owner’s policy is referred to as a multiple line insurance policy meaning that
it includes both property insurance and liability coverage with an individual
premium. This means that a single premium is paid for all risks. In the USA
standard forms divide coverage into several categories, and the coverage provided is
typically a percentage of coverage, which is coverage for a main dwelling.

Renter’s Insurance

Is a type of insurance policy which provides most of the benefits of a homeowner’s
insurance. Renters insurance does not include coverage for the dwelling or
structure, with the exception of small alterations that a tenant makes to the
structure. This provides liability insurance. The tenant’s personal property is
covered against named perils such as fire, theft and vandalism. The owner of the
building or property is responsible for insuring the property, but bears no
responsibility for the belongings of the tenant.

Your home isn’t standard and your insurance policy shouldn’t be either. You need specialized coverage that will take care of the things that matter to you. First Choice is flexible and understands your needs. We are happy to offer coverage choices for all different types of homes and homeowners. Lucky for you, an agent can help you choose the right First Choice policy for your home, so you can relax while someone else takes care of the paperwork!

We’ve Got You Covered With Flexible Home Insurance Options:

  • Comprehensive Property Coverage.This means we cover most direct, sudden and accidental physical losses that aren’t specifically excluded in your policy.
  • Named Peril Coverage.This means we cover “perils” (fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm and hail damage) which are specifically named in your policy, subject to policy exclusions and conditions.
  • Liability Coverage.This provides coverage if you’re found legally responsible for an accident that causes injury to someone who doesn’t live in your home or causes property damage to another’s property.
  • Actual Cash Value.If your home is destroyed by an insured loss, this covers the cost to replace or repair your damaged property, with a deduction for depreciation, which reflects the age and condition of your home.
  • Replacement Cost.If you purchase a Replacement Cost policy and your home is destroyed by an insured loss, the settlement reflects the cost to replace the damaged items with new property of comparable material and quality, without any deduction for depreciation.
  • Extended Replacement Cost.You can receive an additional 25% of the insured amount, to replace your home! (not available in all states or programs).
  • Popular Optional Coverages:
    • Additional Living Expenses
    • Replacement Cost Coverage on Personal Property
    • Addition Coverage for jewelry, watches and furs
    • Business Property and Liability
    • High Liability Limits

Comments are closed